4.07.2006

I Can't Keep Up...

My sister was in town this past week and on Monday we were getting ready to go to G-ma T's and Creative Leap (indoor play house). We had all the kids in the car and Katie, I was running in and out of the house forgetting a dozen things. While I was putting an item in the car, Emily's Bible slipped off her lap and onto the floor and she could not reach it. She got overly excited (upset) and raised her voice while kicking her legs saying, "My Bible!!" I calmly and very firmly said that she was not responding properly and that she needed to change her attitude. She did not, and proceeded down the same path she started on. I reached back to get the Bible and put it on my seat and told her, "You did not make a good choice and now you may not have your book back." The conversation continues (with Aunt Katie) as I am in the house, getting one more thing.

Emily, "I never get anything!" (pout pout)

Aunt Katie, "Well, Emily, you need to have a good attitude if you want something."

Emily, "I can't keep up with that."

Alex chimes in, "I can't either."


(An example of Emily's pout face)

No comments: