Well, I am praying that we enter this week with little to no: strange rashes, bumps and bruises, bites, scrapes, etc. Nothing like this past week, that is.
We started off with a good "home day" Monday after a great weekend of "celebrating" 11 yrs together and a FREAK self motivated commitment to go on a spending fast for 1 month, except for previously scheduled commitments. More about that later....
Wednesday we had scheduled on the calendar with Toby to drive out to the beach for a visit, since we had such great success the last time. This time, Janine and her eldest 2 drove out with us. After a not so good several hours with Nathan whining, it was time to clean up and go. I pulled his Pull-up off and there was nothing but liquid, and I'm not talking urine. And behold, the CRAZIEST rash up the middle of his thighs I have ever seen. Once I cleaned him up, he acted normal. These were tiny whip like or scratch like marks that looked bloody but were just raw. Toby and I concluded that these were possibly marks from a dead jellyfish or some larvae in the water...still not sure. As of today the marks are healing slowly now all scabbed over and drying out.
After we got home that day, I took the kids over to swim at our neighbors house and as Nathan was climbing up the water side, he fell backwards onto the cement patio. All I heard was a melon smacking hard! Screaming came next. I have never heard a head hitting the ground like that, and I never want to again...so needless to say, Jeff and I were on concussion watch that night. He is fine now. Though I am praying it did not damage the "good nature" part of his head that I am hoping will emerge some day; after these molars come in, of course!
Friday, Nate was out back, Jeff and I were upstairs, and we hear screaming like we are accustomed to hearing when Nathan gets hurt. I ran down stairs trying to locate the screaming not knowing where in the yard he was. I open the patio door and way to the left of the house, Nathan is attemping to get up off the ground. I quickly assess the situation looking around him. The turtle. Oh boy. Nathan then says oh so clearly, "turtle mouth bite!" I have repeatedly told him when he picks the turtle up not to stick his fingers near it's mouth. Well, I think he understands first hand now. There was some blood and a nick out of the tip of his thumb. I called our Ped. to see if there was any chance of disease...he reassured us, no. Ahhhh. No doctor visits on a Friday night, is a good thing.
It's Sunday night now and as I look back on the week (not mentioning the scraped knees, Q-tip jammed in the ear, and the blanket flushed down the toilet..) I can be grateful that we are still a healthy happy family and that Nathan no longer uses the "pacy" (pacifier)! It was a spur of the moment thing, I just said, "no more pacy" on Wednesday's car ride to the beach. He has been fine with is ever since. I have been reminding myself that amongst the hardships of life (in Nate's small world) he is learning and absorbing more and more. He speaks so clearly, he is passionate, determined, and loving.
The Lord has blessed us.
No comments:
Post a Comment