Monday morning started early with cement trucks on the front lawn and in the drive way. During breakfast I asked Emily if she would draw a picture of our pool and our family. She lit up and said, "Sure! But I do not know how to draw a pool." After getting her started, she made a lovely oval shape in the center of the page. She then proceeded to draw "Ariel" (the Little Mermaid) in the pool, with all of us around the pool. She then wrote out every ones names. I again surprised her by telling her (while still wearing pj's) to get shoes and a coat on. She was very curious to know more....
I proceeded to lead her out side on the the back patio to get an up close view of all the business that was taking place with puring the deck.
We talked about all the fun we will be having around our pool and all the family and friends that will be enjoying it as well.
I told her that we were going to put her picture in the cement and say a prayer for all who come to our house. That we will be blessed with happy memories and safety around our new pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment