As we were in our car running some errands, I mentioned to Emily that it was Uncle Bub's birthday today. Upon hearing this, she gasped and shook with excitement. Well, I had to add to her excitement overload with the news that we would be having a party for Uncle Bub. Emily was so excited she screeched, "With cake, and party hats, and streamers! Like Dora!" (Yes, the very one. Dora the Explorer, one of her all time favorite TV programs).
She, along with every other child under the age of 5, is a learning sponge. My dad, her "papa", has taught her about 4 different hymns this past year and a half (Be thou My Vision, Great is Thy Faithfulness, God Leads Us Along, & Holy, Holy, Holy). I have been encouraged (by my brother and cousin, Chad) to teach Emily, The Apostle's Creed. To my amazement, she learned her first line within a few hours, "The Apostle's Creed: I believe in God the Father Almighty...". Next week we will continue with, "...the creator of heaven and earth..." I will keep you posted.
Another attempt I will be making in the next month or so is POTTY TRAINING! Please keep us (me) in your prayers. Again, I will keep you posted.
Happy Birthday, Bub. Loved the McGriddle picture!
1 comment:
It's always neat to see my family moving along into the 21st century (just kidding - you're probably more advanced on this kind of stuff than I am) I'll be glad to be able to read in on you at times and see what's going on. Plus pictures of the family are always great. I hope all is well with you!
~Krista
Post a Comment