7.24.2005

Happy 10th Anniversary! (to us)

Yes, it was, thank you very much!

On Monday, I thought, "Shoot! I probably should not assume Jeff has something in the works for our anniversary, I better get on the ball!" I came up with a very special plan that included dinner and a night together (w/o children). I made plans with my mom and dad to take Emily and Nathan for Friday night. Well, I was so excited that I had pulled something together that I had to finally share my plan with Jeff a few days later. After I told him that I had made dinner plans and that we would have the house to ourselves, he looked a bit blank in the face. I asked him what was up and he proceeded to tell me that he also called my folks Monday and asked if they would watch the kiddies for us so he could take me away. OH! I was more than happy to cancel my mere dinner reservations for a night that Jeff had planned (he's so much better at planning fun things than I am). So, then I couldn't stand not knowing!! I had a mothering melt down Wednesday afternoon, that he let the surprise out in hopes that it would lift my spirits and give me something to look forward to...and it did!
To start the day off right (Friday, our anniversary) I dropped the kids off, spent some time with a good friend. At 2 PM I got a call from Jeff saying he has left work early and would be home shortly. During that call I was standing in a specialty shop buying Jeff his gift from me, so I raced home, packed our bag and off we went, back to our honeymoon hotel, The Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel & Spa. When we pulled into the valet, they were expecting us. "Welcome, Mr & Mrs Bernards." When we checked in we were again greeted with, "Welcome back Mr & Mrs Bernards, Happy Anniversary. Our gift to you is a Club Lounge Pass. This includes 5 food and beverage presentations throughout the day. Breakfast, Mid-day snack, Afternoon Tea, Hors d' oeuves, and Chocolates & Cordials. OK. Let me just say, that this was a full blown extravagant experience. Unbelievable! We were just doors away from the lounge and the only food we paid for in our 36 hr stay was dinner that night. We were also presented with, after settling in, a chilled bottle of champagne and a beautifully decorated (w/ chocolate) "Happy Anniversary" place of chocolate dipped strawberries. Nice.
Dinner at The Dining Room, was amazing with all of it's courses! The Dining Room was listed as one of the "Top 10 restaurants in the Nation" by Gourmet Magazine. Saturday continued to be "amazing" and if you personally want to hear more, I will be happy to tell you more.
So, thank you Jeff for an incredible treat. Thanks to mom and dad for loving our children while we were away (even when they were pee-ing on your floor, and spreading fever germs around). Love and hugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you! I was at your Bridal Shower (at your mom's) and I can't believe that was 10 years ago! What a blessing to know your family. Isn't the Ritz the best! (bias former employee :) Great planning Jeff!

Anonymous said...

We, of course, heard all about the weekend but reading about it again was like experiencing it again with you. The kids were fine, in spite of not feeling good and our floors have seen many other "accidents" in their time..just adds character to the place :)
I too can hardly believe that it has been 10 years. Time to get the paint can and brush out again!