Jeff and I refer to the 7 days before our birthdays as our, "Birthday week". When there is something that is less than desirable to get done, or we feel a bit overwhelmed and start seeking help with our daily to-do's, we will throw in the fact, "Well, it is my birthday week."
Anyway, this week has been a fun and blessed week for me. I have seen everyone of my dearest friends (local). My friends...I have just a handful that each hold a piece of my heart in their hands. I love them, cherish them, and esteem them more that I could describe here. You know who you are, and my life is blessed because of you. I love you.
I want to share with you some of the things that I have already enjoyed this week:
On Monday, Jessica was so generous and flexible with my schedule that she ordered and brought lunch to me while my kids napped. We ate our delicious meal, then sat comfy on our couch and enjoyed each others company--immensely. These peaceful, woman to woman times are much more precious to me than I could have ever imagined just 3 yrs ago. Her hubby was gracious enough to let her spend several hours with me on his day off. Thanks Jake!
Tuesday was welcomed with plans to meet Kirsten at The Guilded Rose, for a Victorian Tea! Yum. Unfortunately, the chairs were not so comfy, but with Kirsten, we laugh and have a great time. She pulls out a sarcastic side of me that is just that. I also enjoy the woman to woman times we have together.
That night, Jeff arrived home early (thank you) so that Janine could pick me up at 5PM and whisk me away. I did not know what to expect or know what we were going to be doing. I did not care. Anytime with Janine (or J9) is always welcomed, whether it's with the kids or not (we generally do "mommy" things). So, knowing we both were not "mamma's" for how ever long, we a thrill.
We started out getting pedicures, and wearing flip-flops out to dinner in 40 degree weather. After dinner she took me to see a movie, Holiday. I joked with her when she made me stand back while she paid for the tickets, so I would not know what we were seeing, "How do you know I have not seen it?"
(I don't go to the movies but 2-3 times a year).
We both had a good laugh.
Today, I met Stephanie and Lori for our 3-time a year Wolf Creek lunch. Stephanie and Lori and I get together (May, Oct, and Dec) for our birthdays--I love the tradition! It's a great time together laughing, and sharing stories. Though, I do not see Lori but those 3 times, Steph and I get together more regularly than that and she is as dear a friend as ever there was. Steph brings out my more proper side. Then again, who am I kidding?!
Thank you dear friends for loving me, and taking time out of your schedules during this crazy busy time of year to spend it with me.
I cherish you all!
(To those more distant friends, miss you).
No comments:
Post a Comment