Last Thursday the first inspector came and "passed" us, ready for concrete. He suggested before he left that we do this ASAP (before the weekend rain). Well, as you would suspect, concrete was not ready for us on Friday, so we prayed the weekend away with the pool lined in plastic. It was a wet weekend, but it did not effect the pool outline. :-)
Monday at 6:40 AM, and 30 degrees, I am awaken by the door bell. The concrete was ready. I needed to move my car out of the drive way (I have set up a play area with carpet in the garage for Em and Nate so they can ride their bikes and play with toys that they would normally have on the patio outside). I grabbed the warmest jacket I could find and went to move my car that cracked and snapped as I opened the door, it was coated in ice!
As the morning slowly warmed up the day became so beautiful! The last 2 mornings I have had the responsibility to "water" the concrete as it is curing. I need to keep this up until Christmas morn. Well, the first morning, again 30 degrees and icy, the pipes were nearly frozen and when I went to turn on the hose, nothing came out, and all I heard was the familiar snap and cracking of ice. This morning, I waited a bit longer until the sun had warmed things up a bit. I was more successful.
Here is our latest photo, the pool has taken form!


Tomorrow we get inspection #2 and electrical. I was told that by Wednesday of next week, masonry will start, and we will be on our way to seeing a more clean line/design of our decking (patio area around the pool). Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment