The 3 of us ready to deliver our Christmas treats to neighbors (Emily and I had reindeer headbands on donned with bells. Nate got the Santa hat.
The last day of school (12/19) we drove up to Palmdale and spent some time with my niece, Jenna. The kids LOVED the snow!
The kids are really excited about Christmas. This year they were able to help with the tree decorations. They did great!
Well, I thought I was 'off to bed' about an hour ago. Then I got a bit distracted with FB and catching up on my favorite blogs. I know that I have not posted on ours in a while, so instead of sleep, I am opting to post. I know you are all soooo grateful. :-)
As Emily and I were setting up the tree she says to me, "I am so excited for Christmas and all the gifts!" I attempted to sway her personal feelings a bit and start her thinking about giving to others as well for Christmas. I re-caped the true meaning of our Christmas season and she listened politely. In the end, she says to me, "Mom, Thanksgiving is over. We're done thinking of others."
Arg.
So, enjoy the season and all that it brings, but may the true meaning of Christmas remain all year through.
More Christmas posts and pics to come!
As Emily and I were setting up the tree she says to me, "I am so excited for Christmas and all the gifts!" I attempted to sway her personal feelings a bit and start her thinking about giving to others as well for Christmas. I re-caped the true meaning of our Christmas season and she listened politely. In the end, she says to me, "Mom, Thanksgiving is over. We're done thinking of others."
Arg.
So, enjoy the season and all that it brings, but may the true meaning of Christmas remain all year through.
More Christmas posts and pics to come!




No comments:
Post a Comment