So, you want to make a cake or some cup cakes? Here are her tips...
Pick any boxed cake mix with 'pudding-in-the-mix' (flavor of your choice).
- Lemon cake, add Lemonade Pudding mix
- Chocolate cake, add Chocolate Pudding mix
- Vanilla cake, add Vanilla pudding mix
- Cake Mix
- Add'l package of Instant Pudding mix (matching flavor to your cake mix choice)
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 C water
- 4 eggs
Beat together for 2 minutes. Pour into greased pan...bake 350 degrees for 45 min (or until the times indicate on the box). Different times for different sizes/shapes.
For a delicious excuse for a breakfast treat...here's another variation;
- Vanilla cake mix + vanilla pudding mix
- add 2 1/2 tsp poppy seeds to batter
- grease bundt pan and then coat the pan with 2 T sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
I made a vanilla + vanilla bundt cake this weekend. Jeff wanted it frosted so I took 1/3 of a container of whipped vanilla frosting, added several tablespoons of water to make it ribbon-thin. I then drizzled it back and forth over the top of the cake....it was 'just enough' (not too heavy/thick) and it complimented the cake well (I still coated the greased bundt cake pan with granulated sugar)...naughty!!
**An added note/suggestion:
Reduce the temp by 5 degrees and the cook time by 5 min.
2 comments:
Thanks for all of the tips! This might be a nice Valentine's Day dessert for our family.
p.s. See you on Wordscraper!
I can't wait to try this...thanks for sending me that e-mail!!
Post a Comment