


Her first call was to Yaya.
It was bound to happen. I had not thought about this stage until one day I was looking at her bottom teeth and I noticed they looked different around the gum line. I inspected it further and to my shock, she had a tooth already popped out behind her baby teeth!! (this looked really weird...almost like a newborn with milk teeth)
So, I encouraged her to wiggle and twist and 'play' with the tooth to loosen it.
Days and days and days, maybe weeks or more went by until it was literally "hanging from a thread", so much so that the bottom edge woudl catch on her lip when she spoke, so for a few hours on this last day, she spoke very few words.
So many people offered their opinions about the removal process. Thanks but no thanks.
Through many, many, many fearful tears and frustration that the tooth would not just 'fall out,' she went to the bathroom and came out yelling (through sobs), "I did it, I did it, I did it!!" The thrill and releif slightly reminded me of the birthing process and my response.
Emily and I are very similar with our expressed emotions.
So then it was my turn. I went to my room and cried, "With big teeth come big attitude!!"
Emily, I am so proud that you overcame your fear of your tooth falling out!! Good job. We celebrated with a trip to Golden Spoon (frozen yogurt).
No comments:
Post a Comment